HOW TO APPLY?
Before applying, make sure you have carefully checked all of the following items:
- Which Target Group you belong to.
- Which Mobility Type you are eligible to apply to.
- Your desired academic field of study or academic/administrative activity during the mobility period (please visit fields of study)
- Your desired destination for the mobility period.
- Your desired mobility duration.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from universities in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo (as defined under UNSCR 1244/99), Montenegro, and Serbia (Target group 1, 2 or 3) who are nationals of one of these countries.
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from partner universities in the EU (Target group 1) who are nationals of the EU.
- Undergraduate students must have finished at least one year of university studies.
- Applicants from the Western Balkans cannot have spent more than a total of 12 months over the last 5 years in any of the EU countries (doesn't apply to staff & Target Group 3).
- Students cannot benefit from a second scholarship for the same type of mobilty under another project under Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (Strand 1).
There are three target groups for individual mobility flows:
TARGET GROUP 1
Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff registered at one of the Western Balkans or EU partner universities. Applies to: undergraduate, master, doctoral students, post doctorate, academic and administrative staff.
TARGET GROUP 2
Nationals of one of the Western Balkans countries concerned by the lot (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia) registered in a higher education institution of these countries not included in the SUNBEAM consortium, or having graduated from any higher education institution in one of the above Western Balkans countries.
TARGET GROUP 3
Nationals of one of the Western Balkans countries in particularly vulnerable situations*, e.g. for political reasons.
*e.g. - Having refugee status or asylum beneficiaries;
- It can be proved that they have been the object of unjustified expulsion from university;
- Internally Displaced Persons.
There are five different types of individual mobility for students and staff:
1. UNDERGRADUATE ( for exchange students only)
2. MASTER ( for exchange and degree-seeking students)
3. DOCTORATE (for exchange and full PhD)
5. STAFF (academic and administrative staff)
The Third Call for applications is open for post-doctorate candidates only (six months mobilities).
Mobilities must take place in one of the partner Universities of the SUNBEAM project.
Mobility flows for students and staff between EU or between Western Balkans partners are not eligible.
It is not possible to apply for extra EU Western Balkan universities from other extra EU Western Balkans countries and for EU countries from other EU countries.
Please visit the partner Universities websites to find out all the services offered to international student and staff. You can access the websites from the "Partners" webpage.
|MOBILITY TYPE||MINIMUM DURATION||MAXIMUM DURATION|
|UNDERGRADUATE||1 ACADEMIC SEMESTER (NOT LESS THAN 4 MONTHS)||10 MONTHS|
|MASTER||1 ACADEMIC SEMESTER (NOT LESS THAN 4 MONTHS)||24 MONTHS|
|DOCTORATE||6 MONTHS||36 MONTHS|
|POST-DOCTORATE||6 MONTHS||10 MONTHS|
|ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF||1 MONTH||3 MONTHS|
The Second Call for applications is open for some mobility types only. Click here to check all available scholarships under the Second Call for applications.
Third Call for applications is open for post-doctorate candidates only (six months mobilities).
The selection of candidates will fall into two separate phases:
1. Check of eligibility, i.e. evaluation of the technical components (correct TG, correct application for each cycle, full documentation present, reliability of documents, etc.).
2. Academic evaluation, i.e. pre-selection based on the candidates’ study results in the relevant study areas, language skills, motivation, recommendations etc. The pre-selection will be done by the chosen host institutions. Pre-selection results will be forwarded to the Selection Committee, that will operate a distribution of mobilities by respecting cross-cutting issues (gender balance, equal opportunities, participation of disadvantaged groups) and balance criteria (hosting institution choice, fair distribution among sending universities, fair distribution among host universities, comparative quality of the applications, field of studies distribution).
The list of selected candidates and reserve list will be forwarded to the Coordinator who will submit them to all partners for final confirmation. The host institution is responsible for the final decision on whether to accept or not the selected candidates.
Selected and rejected candidates will be informed by the Coordinator of the results in writing. Selected candidates will be informed of the terms and conditions of the grant and will be asked to accept or refuse the grant.
TIMETABLE FIRST CALL:
- CHECK OF ELIGIBILITY: April 2015
- ACADEMIC EVALUATION: May 2015
- ALLOCATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS: June 2015
- NOMINATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP July 2015
TIMETABLE SECOND CALL:
- CHECK OF ELIGIBILITY: February 2016
- ACADEMIC EVALUATION: March 2016
- ALLOCATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS: April 2016
- NOMINATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP: May/June 2016
TIMETABLE THIRD CALL:
- CHECK OF ELIGIBILITY: August/September 2017
- ACADEMIC EVALUATION: September/October 2017
- ALLOCATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS: October 2017
- NOMINATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP: October/November 2017
The latest date to start mobility under the Third call is 31 December 2017.
Information relating to individuals (personal data) is collected and used in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on "the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data".